Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install wire mesh to a Colorbond fence?

alicegarden
Just Starting Out

How to install wire mesh to a Colorbond fence?

Hi

I want to install a mesh to my colourbond fence, to hang up some small pots for herbs. 
I already have this wire sheet but am not sure of the best way to install it. I would love to use what I have but if this isn’t the right sheet or lattice, am open to suggestions. 

I’m a complete newb to any sort of drilling so all advice is welcome! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: install wire mesh to a colourbond fence

Hello @alicegarden

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a wire mesh to your Colorbond fence.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Installing Matrix decor panel onto Colorbond fence - by @Pantha1. The suggestion made in that discussion was to mount a timber piece from post to post and then screw the panel onto that post. In your case, the same method can be used except you'll need to bring the timber piece down so that you can screw the wire mesh onto the timber. I suggest using Whites Mesh Panel Fix Clip in combination with Zenith 8G x 20mm Galvanised Button Head Stitching Timber Screws to hold the mesh onto the timber piece.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects