Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Ozito Brushless Lawnmower 18V?

RachaelM
Finding My Feet

How to fix Ozito Brushless Lawnmower 18V?

Hi, my battery-operated lawnmower isn't cutting anymore. It sounds like the battery is low and the blade is moving slowly but the battery is charged. I think it was brought in mid 2019 so it is out of warranty.  

I'm not sure if it is a battery problem or a lawnmower problem.

Hopefully, someone knows how to fix it. 

Thanks

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix Ozito Brushless Lawnmower 18V?

Hi @RachaelM,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

It's very difficult to tell from your description what the issue could be.

Was the battery purchased at the same time as the mower? 

Are there any visual issues with the battery terminals or the terminals on the mower?

Did you have another battery you could use to test the mower with?

It's possible that due to the age of the battery, it is showing as full, but it is holding less charge than it should be due to age or damage to the battery. There may also be an issue with the terminals, check that the battery is securely connected and that the terminals are clean and free from corrosion.

I'd suggest bringing your mower into your local store and speaking to the team at the Tool Shop. They will have store-use batteries that can be used to test if the issue is with the battery or not. If the mower works with the store-use battery, then you can purchase a new battery

If you find the mower doesn't work with the store battery, then the issue is likely with the mower. If the issue is with the mower itself, then it is likely going to be cheaper and easier to simply replace the mower. This Ozito PXC 18V 300mm Brushless Lawn Mower PXCLMS-018 will be compatible with your batteries and is reasonably priced.

Let me know what you think and if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Hi

It was the lawnmower. I tried someone elses battery and it didn't work. My battery worked in their lawnmower.

Thanks for your help

Rachael 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Glad to hear you could determine the issue @RachaelM.

Was there perhaps something wrapped around the blade that could be causing it not to reach full speed?

Ensure that the battery is removed entirely before checking the blade.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I have checked the blade and there isn't anything wrapped around it. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @RachaelM 

I'm sorry to hear your lawnmower has started to fail. I'm afraid that after the battery testing and inspection of the blade for entanglements. it's fair to say that the damage is in the mower itself and I agree with my teammates suggestion of getting a new mower as it is more affordable.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects