Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Aqua Systems garden hose trigger issue?

Steve76
Just Starting Out

How to fix Aqua Systems garden hose trigger issue?

Bought Aqua Systems 15m garden hose. I can't get it to work. ie water won't flow through trigger nozzle ??

End for ended everything still no go ??

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fix garden hose trigger issue?

Hello @Steve76 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your garden hose.

Don't be too harsh on yourself, odds are the garden hose a dedicated fitting that has a push to open fitting. Which means that it will only work with its own set of fittings.

For example, if your garden tap has a garden hose adapter already attached to it, I suggest removing it and using the one that came with the Aqua System. It's possible that the fitting has a push to open release mechanism that is proprietary to that garden hose. I also recommend pushing the fittings in as tightly as possible especially the garden gun itself. Failure to engage the locking mechanism of the hose will prevent water from flowing through.

Give it another go and if you still run into issues, please let us know.

Red

aqua.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

I get water through the hose to the end hose connecter but can't get the trigger unit to let water pass through it. Get a little dribble when first triggered but then just stops.

Hi @Steve76 

This sometimes happens especially if the hose has been pressurized. I propose turning the garden tap off and releasing the pressure inside the hose by taking it off the tap. 

Once the hose becomes soft and unpressurized push the garden gun tightly and securely into the garden hose fitting. Reattach to the garden tap and give it another go.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Stupid

Hi @Steve76,

Firstly, welcome to the Bunnings Workshop it's fantastic to have you with us.

I'd suggest following @redracer01's advice to troubleshoot the issue.

If you don't have any luck, would it be possible to upload some images of the hose trigger? This will help our members to better troubleshoot the issues you are facing.

Let me know how you go and if you need a hand uploading images, I'm more than happy to help.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects