Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to extend a tubular metal fence?

CleanEnvironmen
Just Starting Out

How to extend a tubular metal fence?

Hi,

My garden fence is a tubular metal fence about 80cm high, I am thinking to extend heights to install vertical aluminum slats attached to metal poles without dismantling original fence, is it workable? If so, does Bunnings offer the service?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

jupiter

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to extend a tubular metal fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @CleanEnvironmen. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our clever and creative members.

Could we please trouble you for some photos of your fence so members can see what you are working with and be in a better position to make recommendations?

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading photos. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to extend a tubular metal fence?

Hello @CleanEnvironmen

Bunnings does offer a fence extension service, however, I suggest showing the special orders team a picture of the type of fence you have so that there will be no confusion come installation time. The majority of the extension pieces at the store are for timber and steel fencing. Once our members see what kind of fence you have they'll be able to assess its construction. We can then make recommendations on what parts you need to use to extend your fence.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects