Workshop
Ask a question

Need ideas for garden bed adjacent driveway

Yangaz
Cultivating a Following

Need ideas for garden bed adjacent driveway

Hi folks, I am looking for some ideas and motivation for a tired and boring garden bed adjacent to my driveway. See the pictures below. I've just had bark mulch sitting there as it was low to nil maintenance but is looking a little tired and outdated now.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I don't think plants would work (especially ones that attract bees) as my kids and I shoot around on the basketball ring which often ends up in the garden bed. Also, any decorative rocks or pebbles might end up on the driveway.

Yangaz_0-1725759186592.png

Yangaz_1-1725759199376.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden bed adjacent driveway - Tired and boring

Hi @Yangaz,

I think following suit with the neighbours and planting Buxus would be a good solution. They're relatively low maintenance, and their flowers only attract a minimal amount of bees. 

It looks like the area is well retained with sleepers higher than the soil level, so pebbles shouldn't be able to escape onto the driveway unless you have a child like mine who will spend every waking moment moving them there.

Adding synthetic turf to the area could work well. It will instantly improve the look of the area and will not require maintenance. Some of the premium varieties do an excellent job of mimicking real turf.

Is there anything else you would like to achieve in this area?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yangaz
Cultivating a Following

Re: Garden bed adjacent driveway - Tired and boring

Hi @MitchellMc, I laughed aloud when you mentioned "a child like mine" because we have two of them! whose mission in life is to undo everything I do haha.

Thanks for the tip, maybe synthetic turf is the way for now.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects