Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you please advise me what is wrong with my new daphne plant and how it can be healthy again.

LouB
Community Newcomer

Can you please advise me what is wrong with my new daphne plant and how it can be healthy again.

IMG_9689.jpgIMG_9690.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you please advise me what is wrong with my new daphne plant and how it can be healthy again.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LouB. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Daphne care.

It sounds like your new Daphne plant is experiencing some issues, particularly with deformed leaves. This can be caused by several factors, including environmental stress, pests, or disease. To help your plant return to good health, first examine the leaves closely for any signs of pests, such as aphids or spider mites, which can cause leaf deformation. If you notice any pests, you can gently wash them off with a strong spray of water or use Pest Oil to eliminate them.

Next, consider the plant's environment. Daphne plants prefer well-draining soil that is kept consistently moist but not waterlogged. If the soil is too dry or overly saturated, it can stress the plant and lead to deformities in the leaves. Ensure your daphne is planted in a location that receives partial shade to full sun, as they can struggle in extreme heat or direct sunlight.

Fertilising with a balanced, slow-release fertiliser specifically formulated for flowering shrubs can also support healthy growth. Be cautious not to over-fertilise, as this can lead to further stress. Regular monitoring of your daphne plant for any changes will help you catch and address any issues early on. With proper care, your daphne can recover and thrive, producing healthy foliage and beautiful blooms.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects