Workshop
Ask a question

What is the best weed killer and bug spray for Kikuyu?

DaveL
Just Starting Out

What is the best weed killer and bug spray for Kikuyu?

Sorry if this is a double up question.

it’s coming to that time again to do a scarify/ dethatch. 
over the winter I have gained a lot of weed, bindii, cats ear, fleabane and a few others. I was wondering what would be the best weed killer to use on Kikuyu for these weeds as I’ve used a weed killer before and it damaged my lawn.

Also I would like to do a bug killer as over the summer I got a lot of ants and sandgropers. What would be the best product to use on Kikuyu.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the best weed killer and bug spray for Kikuyu?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DaveL. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about lawn weeds and pests.

Typically Kikuyu is susceptible to most of the general-purpose selective weedkillers. However, to be safe I recommend you go with the Yates 4L BuffaloPro Hose On Lawn Weed Killer. Buffalo is the most susceptible to herbicides, so your Kikuyu will be fine if you use one designed for it.

Richgro 5kg Ant Killa Insecticide Granules can be used to control ants in lawns if you have a significant problem. I am not aware of a poison that deals specifically with sandgropers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects