Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where to find free pallets?

Hello @harriethurst

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about free pallets.

Pallets are often available at the store in the timber yard. However, these pallets are often picked up by D.I.Y enthusiasts such as yourself and are on a first come first serve basis. I've contacted both the Caringbah and Kirrawee stores and they only have a few pallets available. I suggest calling these stores before you proceed to make sure that they have enough for your project. It's best to see the current condition of the pallets before you begin your project.

It sounds like an interesting project. Any project updates you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Eric

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Thankyou I picked up a bunch of pallets from Bunnings and have already made the seats and table I wanted now to treat the pine 😊

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Jason ,

I've been trying to think of where I could get some pine pallets, so discovering this post has gotten me fired up now! My local store is Grafton; are you aware of whether they also do this? Perhaps next time I'm there I'll reach out to Dean and have a chat! 😎

Cheers,

Jason

adrian7174
Just Starting Out

Free pallets

I am looking for some pallets to make a potting table for my wife

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Hello @stacilla

It's good to hear that you've managed to get some pallets for your project. If you are planning on painting them, I suggest using exterior paint or a stain and varnish. Either of these two products will provide protection for your pallet table and chairs. It sounds like a fantastic project. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your pallet project? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you've created.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan

I've just been in contact with Bunnings Grafton and at the moment they are out of pallets to give away. Apparently, the last two were used for in-store use. I suggest giving them a call on Friday afternoon and checking if any are available at the store. The customer service team member has informed me that they always leave their pallets outside the store for anyone to pick up.

Would you mind telling us what you plan on building with the pallets? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you have in mind.

Eric

Hi @EricL ,

Thanks so much for making contact with the store for me, I really appreciate that. I'll have a chat with them each time I'm in store to see if they have anything available.

My pallet projects will include a work bench, dog kennel, garden bench seat, and a coffee table for my deck. I'd get more satisfaction out of building something myself.

Cheers Eric,

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free pallets

Hello @adrian7174

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

The free pallets are often stacked at the front of the store for D.I.Y. enthusiasts to take home and use. If you can tell me the closest store to your area, I'll be more than happy to check if they have any pallets available. If you decide to go to other stores, my suggestion is to call ahead to make sure that the store you're going to has some to give away.

You're potting table sounds like a great project. Please makes sure to post an update, I'm sure our members would be keen to see what it looks like once you've built it.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan

Thank you very much for telling us about your planned projects.    

Here are some links for ideas and inspiration:

I look forward to seeing the start of your pallet projects. 

Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry for my delayed response. I am based in Melbourne and my closest store is Box Hill. Would you suggest that I ring them first?

regards

Adrian

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects