Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Where can I find free recycled pallets?

Hi, I am looking for free recycled pallets. I live in Melbourne West (Hoppers Crossing/Werribee).

Re: Where can I find free recycled pallets?

Hello @rakeshnampally

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your questions about pallets.

I've contacted the three closest stores around Strathfield, Bunnings Greenacre, Ashfield and Lidcombe. They currently have pallets available but each store has only one or two left. I suggest giving these stores a call to make sure they have some for pickup when you decide to go for a drive.

What project are you building with the pallet? Any information you can share about the project you are undertaking would be very much appreciated.

Eric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I find free recycled pallets?

Hi @rakeshnampally,

Sorry about that; I believe you were looking for pallets in Melbourne West. Bunnings Hoppers Crossing currently has plenty of pallets available. If you do not intend to head in shortly, please call the store to confirm some are still available when you do.

Mitchell

DIY Projects

Hi how are you 😊

I’m looking in doing a DIY bed frame for my daughter, does Bunnings offer free pallets that are unused 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY Projects

Where are you based @carae? As you can see on this very long-running and popular discussion thread, you can certainly access recycled pallets at many Bunnings stores. 

You might be interested in the bed frame made from repurposed pallets shared last week by Workshop member @sudarsoe.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We are looking forward to seeing your bed come together and assisting with many other projects in future.

Jason

carae
Finding My Feet

I’m based in Campbelltown NSW 😊

I love this forum already & didn’t even know this existed!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @carae

Thanks for sharing your plan for the pallets. Most stores often have a spot outside the store where they stack the pallets and you can pretty much grab as many as you want. My best suggestion is to give the store a call first before proceeding to make sure they have some available.

I've just spoken to Bunnings Campbelltown NSW and they currently don't have any, the others such as Gregory Hills are also out. The only one that has any to give is the Bunnings Narellan store and they keep them outside.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your daughter's pallet bed frame assembled.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

carae
Finding My Feet

Eric you are a legend! 
Thank you so much for helping me with this, I’m thrilled & hope I can pull this challenge off. Watch this space!!!

robin1976
Just Starting Out

Used Pallets

Hey there,

Are we able to grab pallets from the Bunnings big bins or is that a big no no,  I heard somewhere that you can, but I wanted to be sure.

Re: Used Pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @robin1976. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring pallets.

Typically we'll try to set pallets aside for customers to collect in an accessible and safe location. I'd encourage you to speak with a helpful team member at your local store, as I'm sure they would be willing to put the pallets aside for you instead of throwing them in the bin. In the interest of safety, I'd advise you to avoid the bins as they are used to dispose of various materials. We wouldn't want you getting hurt in the process of trying to remove a pallet.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects