Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do I need to paint a ceiling under the balcony (outdoor) and ceiling for my garage?

pedrowong
Just Starting Out

What do I need to paint a ceiling under the balcony (outdoor) and ceiling for my garage?

Hi, I'm going to paint the ceiling under the balcony (outdoor) need my front door, and the ceiling for my garage, these are what I bought from bunnings and some tools as well. Can I use what I have for both ceiling? and what's the order sequence to apply these products. If I need anything extra, please advice so I can get them today. Planning to do the job on Saturday this week. thank you much for your help.WhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.00.07_f79c2191.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.00.07_1fd79c2a.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.00.06_1d9f0322.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.00.06_30083ec5.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.00.06_ff20900a.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.13.45_6c1a91de.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.13.48_4d4d420d.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-07-31 at 11.13.49_2a449a66.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: paint ceiling under the balcony (outdoor) and ceiling for my garage

Hello @pedrowong 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about painting your ceiling.

Looking at the pictures you've posted it appears you have all the necessary equipment to paint your ceiling. However, I suggest adding a few bags of drop sheets to protect your floor from accidental paint drips and spills. Your picture includes the Taubmans Easy Coat and the British Paints 4-in-1. The British Paints 4-in-1 is a primer and is the first coat placed on the surface. Whereas the Taubmans Easy coat is paint designed for interior walls. Where will you be using this paint inside the house?

The Dulux Weathersheild can be used on your ceiling for your balcony outside and inside your garage. My best advice is to make sure your ceiling is clean and free of dust before you start painting. Please remember to give each coating enough time to dry off properly before putting on the next coat.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a ceiling

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a paint mask when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects