Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove drawer from Craftright tool trolley?

Invictus
Growing in Experience

How to remove drawer from Craftright tool trolley?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove a drawer from  craftright 5 drawer tool trolley??

Tried Google, you tube etc no info.

Slides are riveted to drawer and outer slides are affixed inside trolley and do not slide out.

All assistance greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Dave

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to remove drawer from Craftright tool trolley?

Hi @Invictus 

There  must be a little lever  inside the rails that needs to be operated  both sides at the same time.

Or  With the draw open fully does the whole draw lift up at the front.  Dont force it incase this is not the method.

It went in there some how :smile:  The reverses is GT

Thx tried the lift wiggle and pull and no levers without success but as you say it went in so presumably it will come out

Have a great week stay safe

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Invictus 

The drawer runner you have is called the rail and roller bearing system. The release mechanism is actually just a simple plastic lever, however, they have made it very tricky to get to it. When you pull out the drawer to full extension you'll notice a secondary rail come out, this allows you to pull the drawer out to its full length. Inside this secondary runner is another "hidden rail" that must be pushed forward with your finger so that it reveals the release mechanism. 

I suggest looking carefully at the window slots in the rail system and seeing if you notice any plastic forms peeking out. This is often the indicator that the hidden rail has moved forward. If you see it, simply push it forward to the front with your finger you can then lift the switch to release it. If I find a picture of it, I'll post it here as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Invictus
Growing in Experience

Thx Eric mine does not appear to have the third slide see photos

Cheers

Dave

20230209_131558.jpg

20230209_131317.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Invictus 

I'm passing by the store tomorrow and will have a quick look at the toolbox. Let me make some inquiries for you and find out if there is a system to remove them. As soon as I have more information, I'll let you know. 

Eric

Hi @Invictus 

There is a coppery coloured tab far back in the runner  push that tab in towards  the draw  is my best guess  or  lift tab up as a  plan b  or try manipulating that up down like a  switch movement .

It is the only way  to get the draw in and out. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Invictus 

We've opened up a new toolbox and examined it for at least one hour, I'm sorry to report the drawers can't be split apart. It seems like the runners were first installed inside the cabinet and then the runners were pulled out and the shelf riveted to it. We searched both inside and outside for any release mechanism, but there was none to be found. I believe it is a safety feature of the cabinet that should you fill it with heavy tools the drawer will not accidentally fall out due to a failed plastic clip. There is a permanent steel stopper located at the front of the drawer runner.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Invictus
Growing in Experience

Thanks guys, thaats what I call above and beyond.

I drilled out rivets removed drawer and found an instruction sheet scrunched up behind drawer hence the problems closing. All good now reriveted and good as new.

Once again thanks for all the help

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Invictus 

I'm glad you managed to figure out what was blocking your toolbox drawer. 

If you need assistance with any other project, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects