Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

AEG Corded Circular Saw - spindel lock bolt is stuck and blade won’t spin

tillys
Just Starting Out

AEG Corded Circular Saw - spindel lock bolt is stuck and blade won’t spin

Hi there,

I bought an AEG corded circular saw (KS12-1) last month and tried to use it for the first time this weekend, however the blade seems to get stuck when I turn it on and makes a kind of groaning sound. The spindle lock spins a bit in a jerking motion, but the blade doesn’t move at all.

After looking online, I think I’ve accidentally installed the blade incorrectly and put the washers on the wrong way. I’ve powered off the machine and tried to loosen the bolt to fix it, however it WILL NOT budge. I’ve spent the last two days trying a multi tool, a hammer and brute strength with no luck.

The instructions say to turn the bolt anticlockwise to unscrew, which I’m doing but it won’t give AT ALL.

I can’t even jostle the blade with my hands when the power is off, it’s completely stuck in place.

I’ve also put the blade in backwards, so things are going well.

I don’t know if the stuck bolt has anything to do with the washers being

on the wrong way, or maybe it’s the backwards saw blade thingor perhaps i’m just  really unlucky… please help!

IMG_9792.jpeg

IMG_9793.jpeg

IMG_9794.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: AEG Corded Circular Saw - spindel lock bolt won’t budge and blade wont soi

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tillys. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about circular saws.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your new saw.

If the motor is engaging but the blade is not spinning, then it sounds like the arbour washers are incorrectly installed. The blade has also been positioned in the wrong direction, facing backwards. At this stage, I'd recommend you take the saw into the store of purchase and have the team take a look at it for you. I trust they'll do their best to resolve the situation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects