Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What grout for a shower wall?

Garfield28
Cultivating a Following

What grout for a shower wall?

Hi,

Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted the floor but now that I'm about to tackle the wall I'm unsure which way to go with the grout. I know epoxy is the best overall grout to use for a bathroom or any kind of wet room, but my conundrum is that we want a pure white grout, not shady or and kind of light grey finish which I am led to believe is mainly the case with all white epoxy grouts because of the liquid and aggregate mix.

My tiles are 300x600 with a 1.5mm spacer, you think I could get away with a cement based grout seeing I have epoxy floor grout?

If so what type of cement based grout would most recommend?

Thanks
Geoff

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: grout for a shower wall

Hi @Garfield28 (Geoff),

Cement-based grout is a great choice for your shower walls and is widely used in tiling projects. It's perfect if you want a pure white finish, as epoxy grout can sometimes appear off-white or grey. Since you've already used epoxy grout on the floor for its durability and water resistance, using cement-based grout on the walls will work well and maintain a clean look.

For your 1.5mm grout lines, a fine sanded cement-based grout would be suitable such as Davco 1.5kg White Sanitized Superfine Grout. Just make sure to seal it after installation with Betta TileCare 1L Tile & Grout Sealer to protect it from moisture and stains.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Garfield28
Cultivating a Following

Re: grout for a shower wall

Thanks Mitchell. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects