Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New laundry install

Codey
Growing in Experience

New laundry install

Laundry build from scratch.

Materials

Bunnings wall tiles.

Bunnings floor tiles.

Paint.

Fiber cement.

Light fixtures.

Bunnings cabinet.

Acacia benchtop.

Laundry tub and fixings.

Floating shelves.

Angle grinder tile cutting blades.

Waterproofing.

Tools

Ryobe SanderRyobe SanderRyobe DrillRyobe DrillScreenshot 2024-07-07 091017.pngozito angle grinder.jpg

Steps

Step 1

First up was the demo stage and relocating the electrical and water outlets.

FB_IMG_1721286626478.jpg

Step 2

After installing the new walls, waterproofing and tiling, I added the floating shelves. Then I added the new door jams and doors that match the rest of the house.

FB_IMG_1721286618561.jpg

Step 3

Finally, I installed the laundry cabinet and brought in the washer and drier. Even though I put in a heat pump drier, I decided to also install an extractor fan. Here's the finished product.

FB_IMG_1721286613515.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New Laundry Install.

Hello @Codey 

Thank you very much for sharing your laundry install project. Those wall tiles look absolutely fantastic and when combined with the shelves, it just brings it all together. Overall, a marvellous and functional laundry area.

Many thanks for sharing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Codey
Growing in Experience

Re: New Laundry Install.

Thanks Eric,

I appreciate the feedback. I got these tiles from Bunnings. I'll definitely be using them again.

Cheers,

Codey

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: New laundry install

Hi @Codey looks just the right fit, I like your choice of tiles, it’s amazing what you can fit in this space, good, good choice of tools too, I’m sure they will be used for your next project. Just remember too keep the batteries charged nothing worst than a flat battery.

Codey
Growing in Experience

Thanks heaps for the feedback. Yes, I have a few batteries so I cycle them through the charger while I work 😊

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Love your use of the space

Thankyou!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects