Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need advice for laundry configuration

MackaQLD
Getting Established

Need advice for laundry configuration

Hi- looking for advice on my laundry reno.

My current potential plans involve moving the tub to the other wall and retaining the dryer on the ground near the door (as the wife doesn't want to wall mount it above the washing machine).

Any alternative ideas out there that either don't require me to move the tub (and thus reduce need for new plumbing in drainage), or allow me to be able to fit a tall / broom cupboard as well (I've tried but can't get it to fit). 

or should I just try and convince harder on the need to wall mount the dryer?!

The room is 2370mm long (along the window and outside door) and 1760 mm wide.

thanks!laundry1.jpglaundry2.jpglaundry3.jpglaundry 2 plans 1.JPGlaundry 2 plans 2.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need advice for laundry configuration

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MackaQLD. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about planning a laundry.

It's certainly a bit of a tight space. To keep the sink's position, I can't see any other way other than stacking the machines as below. You could have them on either side of the room facing each other, but that only leaves around 530mm between their fronts, which is quite tight.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Afternoon @MackaQLD 

I was thinking of the dryer in the spot of the existing sink but that would require a bunch of piping to be shifted plus drainage.

How about moving the washing machine and drier to the alternate wall from the window, then having a narrower bench with a long but thinner sink under the window. That way you can get back a bit more then the 500 odd mm distance in the middle. You could still keep the tall storage cabinet at a reduced height by making a cabinet to fit over the dryer with a bench on top and install the storage cabinet above it. No redoing all the piping and drainage so a bunch of money saved. You could also install above the bench with sink an air drier to take advantage of that space when you can.

Dave

Thanks @MitchellMc good to have some alternatives to at least think about.

MackaQLD
Getting Established

Thanks @Dave-1 some food for thought there that I’ll mock up for consideration.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects