Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to transition between tiles and VJ panelling?

paula31
Finding My Feet

How to transition between tiles and VJ panelling?

I am renovating a bathroom and tiling the shower and using VJ panelling (vertically) on all the other walls. I am wondering which is the most seamless way to transition from wall tiles to VJ panelling. I can’t post photos as the bathroom is currently a shell. Thank you.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to transition between tiles and VJ panelling?

Hi @paula31,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. It's great to have you join the community and we're excited to see how you can transform your bathroom. Please provide regular updates as you make progress - our members love a good renovation project!

Please note that a couple of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a well-earned break at the moment, so there might be a bit of a delay before one can get back to you. Sorry about that.

Let me see if some other helpful members with bathroom renovation experience might be able to share their approach: 

@Nailbag@tamaraharringd@Fishvince and @Renowayoflife   

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @paula31 

Usually, I would suggest using timber moulding, but if this is in a heavy moisture area, I suggest using the following QEP 25mm x 1m Transition Cover Trim, Roberts 3.3m Silver Floating Floor Junior Trim or the Metal Mate 28.5 x 4.75mm 3M Aluminium Crescent Mould. These are all aluminium trims and can withstand the heavy moisture of your bathroom. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @paula31 

I think @EricL is spot on with his suggestions for the transition and easily installed.

Nailbag

Thank you Eric. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects