Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to swap or re-adjust pipe under bathroom basin/vanity?

Jean_S
Just Starting Out

How to swap or re-adjust pipe under bathroom basin/vanity?

Hi Team,

I’ve recently swapped out some really old cistern taps to the newer ones. As I was going through the process I’ve removed the pipe and drainage etc for easier access but after trying to put them back on the cistern tap was in the way. 

IMG_8073.jpeg

It seems like I have the air condition condensate drainage connected under the bathroom vanity as the air condition is closest to the ensuite. 

I had to saw off a little of the air con pvc to attach the new pipes. Was hoping to get some tips or advice if I wanted to reallocate the drainage here.

IMG_8077.jpeg

What materials are appropriate. I would like to go with a flexi tube of some sort if possible. Was initially looking at pex tubes but I don’t need much of it and wasn’t sure if I can use it in these situations. Im open to any suggestions. If I need to use silicon or glue which type should I be looking at? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to swap or re-adjust pipe for air condition condensate drain under bathroom basin/vanity?

Hello @Jean_S 

In this particular instance, I suggest engaging the services of a licensed plumber. The rerouting of your aircon drain has to be done properly and to code. It has to be properly sealed as the aircon drain contains a great deal of bacteria and I don't recommend it being left exposed in an enclosed space. 

It's probable that the plumber will use some sort of step-down PVC part along with a splitter that will allow them to link the aircon drain into your sink drain. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects