Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water dripping into the toilet bowl?

jaysixjaye
Finding My Feet

How to stop water dripping into the toilet bowl?

Hi there! I'm so new to this, so apologies in advance if I don't understand things properly..

I just have had my toilet's inlet valve replaced with a Fluidmaster 400UK063, but water is still overflowing into the overflow pipe and dripping into the bowl. Could this be a problem with the seating washer?

Thank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Water dripping into the toilet bowl

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jaysixjaye. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about a dripping toilet.

You're doing everything just fine!

If the water is filling up to the overflow and then running to the bowl it sounds like the level is not set correctly on the new inlet valve. You need to set it so it cuts off before the water reaches the level of the overflow.

Turn the little knob I've circled below, I believe, anti-clockwise, until the water cuts off.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you.

I tried your recommendation, though it is still continuing to drip..

After flushing, there will be times where it doesn't drip for hours and then other times, it will start dripping a lot sooner.

Do I need to maybe keep trying until I find a sweet spot?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @jaysixjaye 

If after the adjustment and you are still getting leaks, odds are the inlet valve seal has worn out. I suggest replacing it with the Fluidmaster Toilet Inlet Valve Replacement Seal. I've placed an image of the instructions on how to replace the washer below.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects