Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop leakage from washing machine drain hose?

sarah19
Just Starting Out

How to stop leakage from washing machine drain hose?

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop leakage from washing machine drain hose?

Hello @sarah19 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about stopping the leak on your drain hose.

The end of the drain hoses are made of rubber and they are not locking on to one another, I suggest using a Holman 20 x 15mm Press PVC Reducing Coupling in between the two hoses and securing both sides with a Prime 16-27mm Solid Butterfly Screw Band Hose Clamp

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sarah19
Just Starting Out

image.jpg

I bought this cap to close the hot water line.  But it’s leaking as well. Could you please help? Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sarah19 

The screw thread on the brass cap is not enough to provide a tight seal on your hot water outlet. I recommend removing the cap and putting a few rounds of Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal around the thread of the outlet. You can then re-attach the brass cover cap back on and place a small bowl or take away container under the tap to test it overnight. If you don't find any water in the container the following morning, then the tap is sealed securely.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects