Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to silicone joint between tiled floor and shiplap tongue and groove vertical wall?

jhimalaya
Finding My Feet

How to silicone joint between tiled floor and shiplap tongue and groove vertical wall?

8BB84ACF-A925-4AEC-A5B9-4EFECFF88226.jpeg

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to silicone this joint (see attached picture). We had the walls put in by a carpenter and now we have to silicone the joint ourselves. But because it’s tongue and groove it’s a bit challenging. So just looking for any tips/ideas. Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to silicone joint between tiled floor and shiplap tongue and groove vertical wall?

Hello @jhimalaya 

Your tiles and shiplap look great, I suggest using Selleys 450g Dulux Natural White No More Gaps Interior Colours Gap Filler in combination with the Monarch 17 Piece Complete Caulking Kit. The caulking kit should provide you with the necessary tools to seal the edge of the shiplap.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to silicone seal a bath (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

My number one suggestion is to make sure that the area is clean and to lay the masking tape as straight as possible. Please make sure to wear safety gloves and goggles when working with the silicone sealer.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to silicone joint between tiled floor and shiplap tongue and groove vertical wall?

00B207FC-739C-4C1A-ADE9-CAD9CC62AAAA.jpeg

Thanks @EricL,

I’ve attached a picture of what we’ve done so far. As you can see it’s difficult to get a nice neat finish where there’s gaps. I have those tools you’ve recommended thank you.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jhimalaya 

In order to get the silicone in between the shiplap, I suggest using a popsicle stick to remove the excess silicone in the middle of the shiplap gaps. Please make sure to dip the edge of the popsicle stick in a solution of soapy water so that the silicone does not attach itself to the stick. If the stick is too big you, I suggest trimming it with a craft knife.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects