Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revamp a campervan shower?

carlz
Just Starting Out

How to revamp a campervan shower?

Heya! 
I am wanting to update the shower in my campervan. (It’s an old yellow colour) I am just wondering how best to go about painting (if possible) the acrylic or fibreglass surrounds and floor. And which products I should look at using. 

I have looked at replacing it, but I believe that will work out to expensive. As the whole “bathroom” are of the van needs replacing. 

thanks in advance 

:smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to revamp a campervan shower?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @carlz. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about revamping a campervan shower.

I'm not aware of any paint suitable for showers that can be applied to an acrylic or fibreglass tray or walls. All our tub and tile paints are designed to go over tiles or cast iron, which are rigid surfaces. Acrylic and fibreglass are too flexible for these products.

You might like to post some images of the shower area so our helpful members can better understand what you're working with. Perhaps they might have some ideas on how you can whiten the yellowed shower floor and surrounds.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects