Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace plastic seal in shower frame?

ewb
Just Starting Out

How to replace plastic seal in shower frame?

Hi everyone - this piece of plastic has come out of the bottom of my shower frame below the shower door. It's in poor condition and very dirty and I'd like to replace it rather than reinstall it.  Does anyone know what it's for and what would be suitable to use as a replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Where it was installedWhere it was installedWhat has fallen outWhat has fallen outWhere it's installed in my other showerWhere it's installed in my other shower

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace plastic seal in shower frame?

Hello @ewb 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your shower seal.

Having made a thorough search, I'm sorry but there are no compatible seals in that particular profile. My only other suggestion is to replace it with a similarly shaped sealer. 

I recommend bringing the door seal with you to the store and having a look at the Moroday Rubber products. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, it might be possible to find a similarly shaped rubber seal. In the meantime, if you've not found a compatible seal, I suggest keeping your old seal until a suitable replacement can be found.    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rsv
Just Starting Out

Hi ewb, May I ask why you ended up doing it finally since I have the same issue and not able to find anything suitable and it leaks because of the gap between the door and base seal as it seems the rubber seal not in contact with each other. It is poor design and would have preferred something like door closing inside a frame.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rsv, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

Please allow me to tag @ewb so they are notified of your question.

Without seeing the actual issue, it is hard to give you a good fix, but these shower seals might prove useful.

If you could upload an image of the issue, I'd be happy to assist further.

Let me know if you need a hand with this or if you have any other questions.

Jacob

nrllee
Just Starting Out

I finally found something the part.  After lots of scrolling and endless Google searches.  This is the part.  I’m sure you can find it somewhere in NSW but this was the best I could find.  Shipping is a bit steep but I was desperate to find the part.  And they were very helpful.  They even offered to send me a small sample of the part to make sure it fits before I committed to buying.  

https://mrwindows.com.au/products/vinyl-sill-infill-seal-suits-supreme-vogue-mirage-3050?variant=411...

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nrllee,

Thank you for the update. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution to your problem.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects