Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace bath waste push pin?

braiden24
Just Starting Out

How to replace bath waste push pin?

BF2E4B95-6E39-4F6C-8D10-0328C2C5451B.jpeg

Hi,

needing some help identifying the pictured push pin waste mechanism for a bath tub replacement. It is currently stuck in the engaged position and has possibly sheared off at the bottom. I am unable to locate online or any local stores. Thanks!

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: Bath waste push pin replacement

Hi @braiden24 

The easiest solution would be to take the parts to a local plumbing supplies trade desk. Go after mid morning when the plumbers have been and gone for the day and it's a bit quieter. They should hopefully be able to match the parts to a range of waste plugs to hopefully find replacements.

Regards, Nailbag

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace bath waste push pin?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @braiden24. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about pop up wastes.

Have you checked our Kinetic Pop Up Waste Mechanism to see whether it is compatible? It would certainly be worth a go if you are struggling to identify the manufacturer. If it doesn't suit, you can always return it.

Do you have access to the underside of the bath to replace the whole waste?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

I have tried both sizes with the mechanism you linked, both are too large in length

The tub is free standing, so presumably can lift to access and replace the waste if needed. Hoping to replace the mechanism as it seems they exist from this post: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Bathroom-and-Laundry/How-to-replace-a-pop-up-waste-plug/td-p...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @braiden24 

Have you considered replacing the pop-up waste with a Kinetic 40mm Chrome Bath Waste With Plug? This would make the plug and waste more standard, and you'll have no difficulty in replacing the plug. However, if you are still keen on the pop-up waste, I suggest having a look at the Caroma Urbane ll Bath Pop-Up Plug & Waste 68mm x 55mm x 68mm Chrome. It's a relatively easy to install pop-up bath waste from Caroma and will need to be specially ordered at the special orders desk.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects