Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a shower head?

Harbajahn
Finding My Feet

How to replace a shower head?

I'm replacing a broken shower head and the replacement instructions shows the pipe extending from the wall. (Photo attached) 

But my shower pipe doesn't extend past the wall. (Photo attached). What are my options? Is there some sort of extender I can use, or do I go back to Bunnings (woe is me) and get a shower head that screws into the wall?

PXL_20231126_002458867.jpg

PXL_20231126_002452784.jpg

PXL_20231126_002910023.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace a shower head?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Harbajahn. We trust you'll get plenty of inspiration and advice for all your projects from our wonderful community members.

Apologies for the slow reply on this occasion. One of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in Mitch has had to unexpectedly take some leave to be with his family. Our other Bunnings guru @EricL will be back online later today. Let me see if some other members with plumbing experience such as @Santullo@JDE@LePallet and @tom_builds might be able to assist in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience, 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Harbajahn 

My apologies for the late reply, I suggest using the following parts so that you can attach your new shower head to your wall. I recommend the Brasshards 15mm Brass Male / Female Threaded Adaptor followed by the Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple. Before you screw them into place, I suggest wrapping the threads in FIX-A-TAP 12mm x 8m Thread Seal Tape to prevent leaks.

If the screw holes are no longer to be used, I suggest covering them with Selleys Ezi Press 100g Wet Area Silicone Sealant.

I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of how they can be put together. Please remember not to over tighten the brass fittings to prevent damaging the copper pipe behind your wall.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Harbajahn
Finding My Feet

Thank you! That is what I did, worked a treat!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects