Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace Caroma Trident cistern and toilet seat?

Shellby
Finding My Feet

How to replace Caroma Trident cistern and toilet seat?

Hi there,

I am just wanting to replace a cistern and toilet seat. Currently the system is a Caroma trident.

I am just wondering which brands and styles would be compatible to easily swap the cistern and toilet seat over to a new model? 

Thank you for your help. 

MichelleIMG_0138.jpeg

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0136.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cistern and toilet seat replacement

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Shellby. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a toilet cistern and seat.

If you were to purchase either the Estilo White Replacement Cistern With Seat or FIX-A-LOO WELS 4 Star 4.5L-3L/Min White Millennium Cistern With Toilet Seat And Link, they are very-likely to suit your current toilet.

If you did decide to mix and match, most seats have a universal adjustment system for their mounting bracket, so you should be fine selecting any seat from our range. To be sure, you can take your seat with you, and a helpful team member will be able to assist in selecting something to suit. For your cistern, you'll need to avoid any close-couple units as these are designed for a specific pan style, which yours is not.

You might also like to read through this helpful guide: How to choose a new toilet seat.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Cistern and toilet seat replacement

Thanks Mitchell - I appreciate your help!

annaluno
Growing in Experience

Re: How to replace Caroma Trident cistern and toilet seat?

Hi Shelby,

May I ask how you went and which one you picked?

I have two of the exact same toilets and need to do the same thing! 

Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @annaluno 

Let me tag @Shellby to make them aware of your question. It would be interesting to find out how the cistern replacement went.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Hi there,

We ended up buying the Estilo white replacement cistern with seat. My husband replaced it. He is not very experienced, so it probably took him a bit longer than a really handy person, but he got there in the end and said it wasn’t too difficult. We also used YouTube to help as well: How to replace a toilet cistern and seat ~ Darren’s workshop.
 This toilet is an extra off the laundry, so we didn’t need anything too fancy. The cistern is also smaller than the previous one so you will need to paint the space where the old cistern used to be.

• I have attached an after installation photo. I think it looks much better (still have to remove the sticker). Hope this helps!IMG_0185.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Shellby 

Thank you so much for the update, the cistern looks great. Let me tag @annaluno to make them aware of your response. 

Eric

annaluno
Growing in Experience

Thanks so much Shelby for your reply and Eric for tagging me. 

It looks great! That's the one I was planning on using as well, thanks again it's very helpful!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects