Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair seal and grout around bath and shower?

amichaelmedia
Cultivating a Following

How to repair seal and grout around bath and shower?

16960293811464107056348914292939.jpg

1696029400098128718466314611790.jpg

Hey all

Doing a clean up of my bathroom and saw the seal around the bath is looking a little worn. And what I think is a seal between the showers and tiles are worn/removed

Products/fixes to use?

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: seal/grout bathroom maintenance

Hi @amichaelmedia,

The first gap could be filled with a wet area silicone sealant to neaten it up, and you'll need a caulking gun to dispense the silicone. The edge of the bath also appears to be silicon sealant. To reseal that edge, you'll need to first remove the old sealant with a sealant remover. Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to apply silicone sealant.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey again. Because the seal is ongoing around the bath, do I remove only a section of the seal or redo the whole bath?

16979235020208394581299195600283.jpg

 looking at the seal around my bathroom sink. Will this need a similar treatment?

Hi @amichaelmedia,

It is best to replace the whole seal instead of repairing sections of it. It appears that you could apply a thin bead of silicone around the plug to cover the rusted portion. However, this is likely a job for touch-up paint instead of silicone.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects