Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate laundry on a budget?

kagomechan
Growing in Experience

How to renovate laundry on a budget?

 would like to make this space more functional by adding a benchtop, replace the trough with a new sink and cabinet, and retold the splashback. Also move or shorten the shelf on the right to make way for the bench

20220519_184430.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate laundry on a budget?

Hi @kagomechan,

Many thanks for your post about renovating a laundry to be more functional.

Is it possible to get some measurements? There are a variety of options for you, but it is hard to tell what will work best without the dimensions of the area. 

The size of the washer and dryer obviously can't be changed, so we'll have to work around them. If you could get some detailed measurements of these, that would be very handy.

You might be able to replace the laundry trough with a Kaboodle 600mm White Base Cabinet to accommodate your benchtop and a sink such as Estilo Stainless Steel Single Bowl Square Sink. Dimensions need to be confirmed, but these might be good options for you on a tight budget.

In a smaller area, your choice of benchtop will play a large role in the aesthetic of your laundry. Did you have a particular aesthetic in mind? 

I like the aesthetic that @ProjectPete has created in their Laundry transformation. Something like this might be a good inspiration for you.

If it fits within your price range, I'd also consider removing the shelving on the right-hand side and installing some wall-hung cabinets on the wall above the bench space. This will give you more storage than the shelves, increased functionality with everything being within arm's reach and it will help to tie everything together and provide the space a fuller look.

You can choose from countless options, which are up to your style and preferences. You might like to check out the following articles for some inspiration and guidance.

Allow me to tag some of our wonderful members to see if they have any thoughts, @diy_hausdesigns, @RenoRach, @prettyliving, @Renowayoflife.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kagomechan,

We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry. I trust Jacob's comprehensive reply was helpful and that you can share measurements with us soon so we can assist further. 

This guide should also be helpful - How to plan a laundry renovation.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kagomechan 

Thanks for sharing your question about renovating your laundry.

I've placed a sample image of what your laundry could look like with the steel laundry tub replaced. I've also added some wall cabinets and timber shelves to replace the ones you have on your righthand wall. However, if you really want to keep those shelves, please let me know and I'll modify the cabinet layout. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Kagomechan laundry 1.jpgKagomechan laundry 2.jpgKagomechan laundry 3.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kagomechan
Growing in Experience

Thanks for your advice! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects