Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove round bathroom taps?

KarimMelbs
Just Starting Out

How to remove round bathroom taps?

KarimMelbs_1-1724211719597.png

You can see the silver/metal ring flush with the wall on the left tap in the photo, but on the right tap the metal ring has unscrewed and is behind the black part leaving the area between the black handle and the wall exposed.

I can't figure out how to get access to re-fasten the silver metal part and have no idea how the tap is supposed to come off (assuming I need to take it off so tha I can re-screw the metal band to it flush against the wall). I've tried just turning the tap with as much force as I can, in both direction, to see if it unscrews, but no luck...

There is a tiny round hole in the black metal casing but I can't see any screw in it.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove/readjust these round bathroom taps

Hello @KarimMelbs 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower tap handles.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to change Mondella Resonance shower mixer twist handle? by @kcong05. The tiny hole you are referring on the handle is the access hole for the grub screw which is usually a dark colour. I suggest using an Allen key set to remove the grub screw which will allow you to pull the handle off. You'll see a good visual example of it in the discussion I've linked to.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects