Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove metal filings from shower head?

HD
Finding My Feet

How to remove metal filings from shower head?

Me again! 🩷

I seem to have build up or metal filings that pop out my shower head holes like little moles, spurting water everywhere including over dry hair when not wanted. 

I have dried draino, 2 rounds of CLR and using a wire brush and also tweezers to try and hand extract. 

Recommendations much appreciated. 🙏🏻

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Removing metal filings (?) from shower head

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @HD. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing metal from a showerhead.

That appears to be swarth shavings from the drilling process of the jets. During the manufacturing process, those should have been removed. The head could contain more of them, and due to the safety risk, I recommend replacing the head as I can't imagine you'll be able to remove the metal from within it. A replacement head is relatively inexpensive, and the Brasshards Chrome All Directional Shower Rose WELS 3 Star 8L/min would be an equivalent. Here's a helpful guide to replacement: How to change a shower head.

If this is a showerhead you've recently purchased from us, we'd be more than happy to swap it over for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects