Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove dorf tap washer?

maverick22
Just Starting Out

How to remove dorf tap washer?

We have Dorf tap fittings in bathroom that apparently have a couple of holes under the lip to remove tap washer. we have bought a lever but don't know which way to turn it. Have tried both ways and can only get a small amount of movement both ways.tap 1.jpgtap 2.jpgtap 3.jpgtap 4.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: removing dorf tap washer

Hello @maverick22 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your questions about your tap handles.

Lime deposits will often occur under your tap handles and will sometime enter other sections of your tap handle. This is probably what's causing your hidden nut from coming out. I suggest turning the tool anticlockwise to loosen the plastic nut underneath. Please note that if the nut is stuck due to the lime scale deposits extreme force will shear the surface of the nut causing it to be stuck. I recommend gently moving it back and forth to loosen up the threads allowing the plastic nut to come out. I also suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to remove tap handle? by @brad79c.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects