Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove bathroom sliding door?

rohitbudhiraja
Getting Established

How to remove bathroom sliding door?

The sliding door came off, and upon inspection, the front roller seems to have jammed while the rear one seems okay. Can you please help me understand how to remove the sliding door completely to replace the rollers? Despite trying to take it off the tracks, it won't come off. I can put the front assembly back and forth on the tracks but not the rear one. Any help or explanation on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1000037125.jpg

1000037126.jpg

1000037127.jpg

1000037128.jpg

   

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help with slider bathroom door

Hello @rohitbudhiraja 

In order to get access to the rail system of your door the timber pelmet cover must be removed. I propose using Craftright 380mm Wrecking Bar to lift and remove the timber cover. Once the cover is off you should have full access to the sliding doors mechanism.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric, 

I'm not too confident about using a wrecking bar—I'm worried I might end up wrecking the whole thing beyond repair and then have to call professional help to fix the mess. I'm hoping to find some screws I can remove to give me enough space to take out the rollers and replace them with new ones. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks 

Hi @rohitbudhiraja,

Is the front roller the one that's come off the track? Does it still spin? It doesn't appear to be damaged, but perhaps it has seized. If it still spins, it might just be a case of lifting the door up and popping the roller back into the track. If it was able to jump off, you'll be able to put it back on but it might take some fiddling.

If the front roller has seized, you almost have access to its nut, which retains it in the mounting bracket. If you can undo that nut, the roller will come off, and you can match it up with a new one in-store. It should be something like this Rolltrak 19mm Acetal Convex Roller With Threaded Stud.

Unfortunately, if the door does need to be removed, it's likely a case of needing to remove the front panel of the pelmet. If you are not confident in doing so I recommend you enlist the services of a professional.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks, Mitchell.

I was able to lift the pelmet enough to loosen the wheels and remove the door, allowing me to replace the entire assembly. The door is now back on the tracks with no issues so far.

Thanks again for your input.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects