Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install cupboards in laundry?

Tasnim
Just Starting Out

How to install cupboards in laundry?

Hi, I’m wanting to update my laundry with some cuboards. 
Any ideas/inspo would be appreciated. Not wanting to have benchtop removed.

was thinking to have the dryer fitted to the wall and have some sort of laundry basket under, 

cuboards above the sink and also to the right where the open shelving is instead. 

also how would I have cuboards installed as have this wall overlapping. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install cupboards in laundry?

Hello @Tasnim 

Thanks for sharing your question about installing cupboards in the laundry. It appears that most of the space on the right-hand side, where the shelves are, is already spoken for. The only space I can see wall cabinets going in are on top of the benchtop area. Mounting the dryer to the wall should not be an issue as long as you have studs behind the wall. It might be possible to install a hamper in the last cabinet on the right. I suggest measuring the space you have in that cabinet and looking at the Kaboodle Hamper.   

In regards to the additional cabinets, can you please measure the space between your dryer and the wall on the right. Once you give me the measurements, I'll be able to recommend wall cabinet sizes that will fit into the space. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tasnim
Just Starting Out

Thanks @EricL 

If I no longer have the dryer wall brackets, are there generic ones i can purchase? 
Re wall on right, I definitely want to close this, so would either add divider inside and then doors to close,

or simply remove what is there and instead add the wall cuboards. 
just unsure how to do this with that wall in the way? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tasnim,

There are generic options for wall mounting dryers such as the following -

It's important to note that you'll need to check with your dryer’s manufacturer to ensure your model is suitable for being inverted and/or wall fixing.

Is it possible to get some photos of the full opening on the right? 

It would be fairly simple to install a door on this return wall. You would need to remove the tile around the base of the return wall, install a door jamb on the opening and then hang a door. I'd suggest having a look at How To Install a Door Jamb and How To Hang a Door for some guidance on this process.

Let me know what you think and if you require further advice please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects