Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix wall cabinets to a brick rendered wall?

philired
Finding My Feet

How to fix wall cabinets to a brick rendered wall?

Hi all. I am going to do a laundry upgrade. We have just bought a washer dryer combo and intend to put in a 600mm kaboodle base cabinet with a circular sink

IMG_2221.jpeg

and a specrite merbou bench top. We are also going to get a 600mm wall cabinet. My question is how do I fix the cabinets to a single brick internal rendered wall.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: fixing wall cabinets

Hi @philired,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

I'd suggest picking up a STAHL Masonry Kit 8mm Drill With 50mm Blue Wall Plugs and a Sutton Tools 3.5mm Viper Jobber Drill Bit.

Drill 6 evenly spaced holes in the back of the cabinet and then get a helper to hold the cabinet in place so you can mark out these hole locations. You can use a Marxmate Green Marker Pen to mark the wall or you could gently drill the wall with the 3.5mm drill bit, but be aware that this will slightly blunt your drill bit.

Now the hole locations are marked, use the masonry bit to predrill your holes for the blue plugs, then tap them into place.

Finally, get someone to help hold the cabinet in place while you screw in the 6 screws.

You might like to check out How To Install Kitchen Wall Cabinets and Wall cabinets installation for a bit of extra guidance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects