Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix tiling problems?

MissKate
Just Starting Out

How to fix tiling problems?

Should Bunnings tiles look like this? They looked better in the Bunnings advertisement photo

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix tiling problems?

Hello @MissKate 

It appears that the grout did not settle properly on the gaps of your tiles. Can you please tell me which grout product did you use on the tile gaps? This particular type of tile does need extra attention due to its shape. Fan corners must be cut if you wish to fill the gaps between the tile, and end bits also need to be cut as well. It is fiddly, but if prepared properly will look fantastic. 

It's also vital that you use a spacer to make sure that you have uniform spacing between tile sheets. Poor alignment will make the sheets stand out or other parts seem to close to one another. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MissKate
Just Starting Out

A handyman did this and I’m so disappointed. It is appalling. Your Bunnings advertisement looked lovely and neat. 

I think he used some cement like stuff to attach the tiles. It was notched up and uneven as you can see in the photos.

I had to employ someone to remove them all - wasting time and double the money.
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @MissKate 

I'm sorry to hear that your tiles were not properly installed, I hope the next handy person did a better job. You are correct these tiles look absolutely wonderful if installed correctly. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects