Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix scratches in bathtub?

KalyanKool
Just Starting Out

How to fix scratches in bathtub?

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to end my tenancy and moving to a new unit. In my current unit, we caused a few noticeable scratches at the bottom of the bath tub inadvertently. The condition was new and shiny at the beginning of tenancy, it's been more than a year now. I'm wondering if I can do something to make it look like the scratches never happened, else fearing a hefty deduction from my bond amount. 

Attaching the pics, not sure what material it is but after Googling up, I can say definitely that it's not metal. I believe it's acrylic, can be fiber glass as well. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
IMG_6411.JPEGIMG_6412.JPEGIMG_6413.JPEG

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix scratches in Bath Tub?

Hi @KalyanKool,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I'd suggest using the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit to recoat the bathtub.

This is a two-part epoxy kit that can be used to rejuvenate and refinish bathtubs. 

Start by giving the bathtub a good clean with CLR Bathroom And Kitchen Cleaner and a scourer to remove any contaminants that will affect the adhesion of the product.

After cleaning, give the tub a sand with 600 Grit Wet And Dry Sandpaper to prepare the bathtub for resurfacing.

Have a look at How To Paint a Bath Tub and this handy video from Rustoleum for some guidance. It would be best to recoat the entire bathtub to ensure a consistent look all over.

Ensure you follow the instructions on the product and keep the area well-ventilated and wear a mask while painting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects