Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking laundry tap?

rhitesh
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking laundry tap?

Hi,

I have gone through other post around this issue. see following,

1. Tap leaks from body

2. Tap doesn't leak if washing machine connection removed entirely

3. I have washing machine with COLD water IN only.

4. I have interchanged HOT and COLD water tap. It still happen

5. Tap leaks if washing machine removed but washing machine hose attached to tap. Is this type of tap doesn't handle pressure from hose reducer at machine side? Will changing washer, o-ring and spindles help? (As stated I have interchanged hot and cold tap) Or is there hose with lesser reducer at the end? Is there a tap which can handle pressure better?

.20221023_135948.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry tap leaking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rhitesh. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about leaking laundry taps.

Those taps are perfectly capable of operating without leaking with your washing machine attached, so there is no need to replace them. 

From your detailed description, it sounds to me that the washer at the end of your washing machine hose either needs to be replaced or is missing. I understand that you believe the body of both taps is leaking, but my first thought would be the washer in the hose since you've mentioned the leaking stops when the hose is disconnected.

If there are no leaks when the hose is removed, my money would be on that the tail washer needs replacing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell,

I checked those O rings, were fine. I had other laundry hose as well. It was giving sam result, tap was leaking from body.

I left a turn loose at washing machine end and it works. No leaks!! It needed a air.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rhitesh

It's good to hear that you got your laundry tap leak sorted out. I'm sure @Mitchell will be happy to hear that. I suggest keeping an eye on it for the next few days to make sure that the fix is permanent. Should you run into any other issues, please don't hesitate to post another question.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects