Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a shower head holder?

kcross
Just Starting Out

How to fix a shower head holder?

Hi! Is there a way to tighten the part where the shower head sits? As it is very loose and causes the shower head to fall down constantly. Twisting it around doesn’t work 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix a shower head holder?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kcross. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

Let me tag some helpful members in @JDE@MikeTNZ and @EricL to provide some suggestions for you. It must be a frustrating problem. 

Feel free to post whenever you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @kcross,

In your first picture, on the left-hand side of the outlet where this protrudes from the wall, it looks like there is some sort of

a "set-screw"?, or am I just imagining that?

There may be something like that under that small cap, I don't know.

Some of these shower head brackets simply pull off or have a bayonet type fitting (like an old school light-bulb)

and inside there, will be some sort of nut/bolt arrangement to tighten the swivel up.

Let me know if my advice has not been helpful and you still haven't got this sorted, because that must be really annoying trying to

take a shower under that.

Cheers,

Mike T.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kcross

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @MikeTNZ. Just to add to the suggestion made, I recommend looking carefully at the arm assembly. You'll notice that there is a cover cap on the other side of the shower head holder. This cap either pops out with a shape knife or unscrews with a small Philips screwdriver. 

Once you have the cover cap off inside you'll see either an Allen-type or Philips head screw. Use the proper tool to tighten up the screw, but before doing that make sure that the shower head holder is positioned in the correct way. Please do not over-tighten the screw or you will crack the plastic housing inside. 

If the assembly is no longer able to be repaired you can replace it with a similar head from the Estilo or Flexispray range. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects