Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a cupboard to porcelain tiles?

AgnesMcGilveray
Just Starting Out

How to fix a cupboard to porcelain tiles?

Hello

I have a small cabinet and I’m in need of advice to fix it securely to porcelain tiles in my bathroom 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Happy to outsource if anyone has suggestions or recommendations 

Yours Sincerely 

Agnes McGilveray 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a cupboard to porcelain Tiles in my bathromn

Hello @AgnesMcGilveray 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about hanging a cupboard in your bathroom.

Before we begin, would it be possible for you to post a photo of the cabinet and the bathroom wall where you'll be mounting it? This will give our members a chance to asses the wall and cabinet. We can then make recommendations on the best possible course of action.

The good news is that it is possible to drill into the tiled wall, but we need to know how heavy the wall cabinet is. Generally, it would be safer if the cabinet was mounted on one of the timber studs in the wall rather than just using a hollow wall anchor. 

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix a cupboard to porcelain tiles?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AgnesMcGilveray. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects from our wonderful members.

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading some images as per Eric's reply so we can assist you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects