Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect a washing machine drain hose?

Vincent28
Just Starting Out

How to connect a washing machine drain hose?

1C35AF14-2C17-4E9F-AA8B-12204AB3C7E6.jpeg

I wanna ask if I want to install the drain hose under the sink. And there is no position for me to install? Do I need to ask the licensed plumber to do it?

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Washing Machine Drain Hose

Hi @Vincent28 

Take your photo and a measurment of your pipe diameter and ask at Bunnings

There are so many plumbing fittings which  can be a nightmare and adapters  you should never  have to drill the fittings though as it then opens the possibilities  for hard to seal leaks.

1 minute.

Are you saying that Y  connector sticking with the push on  hose  connection has  plastic flap sealing it on the  inside diameter to the main  drain?

If it is drill it and add a push on hose with hose clamp.

Thank you so much for your answer. I will try to ask the staff in Bunning to see any good options for that. But am I not supposed to change anything for the plumbing if I am not a licensed plumber?

Technically you are correct any house hold plumbing should be by plumber. 

Having said that  a lot of people do minor connections themselves to guide you watch  you tubes made by real plumbers and see if  you have the confidence to  under take the task.  Many plumbers dont like the small pesky jobs and will charge a fortune as I recently experianced in sydney .

But decent plumbers still exist out there to there credit and good morals I feed them as much work as I can 

Worst case scenario if the plumbing leaks is you will have to call a  plumber.

Another thing I do is when I call a plumber is line up  several fixes so they all done in one call out.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Vincent28 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Jewelleryrescue. If you do not have the necessary tools or have not done any plumbing works, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber. In this manner the connection will be under warranty.

But if you are curious about the steps, the general procedure is to drill into the drain spout and connect your drain hose into it. It is then held secure by putting a hose clamp onto the hose itself. Please note that any mistake in drilling could damage the undersink trap which will cause it to leak. You'll then have no choice but to replace the entire set.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects