Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change Mondella Resonance shower mixer twist handle?

kcong05
Finding My Feet

How to change Mondella Resonance shower mixer twist handle?

Hi,

I am trying to remove the existing twist handle and replace it with a pin lever handle.

Firstly, I am unable to find info on how to remove the existing twist handle. I positioned the handle with the hole at the bottom (facing down). As per the pic, there does not seem to be a grub screw. I tried various sizes of Allen keys too. Is the position of the grub screw correct i.e. facing down?

Secondly, is there a pin lever handle that matches the twist handle and can be used to replace the twist handle? I just want to replace the handle, not the entire assembly.

Looking forward to your help/advice.

Twist-Handle-Mondella.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change Mondella Resonance shower mixer twist handle?

Hello @kcong05 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower mixer.

I suspect that the handle is locked in place and uses a press release button to remove the round handle. Since you can't find a grub screw in the access hole, it's possible that you need to press the blank surface with the Allen key. But I suggest holding off on removing the handle if you don't have a replacement at hand. 

I will be passing by one of our main stores tomorrow and will do a bit of investigation for you regarding a handle change. My team-mate has also sent an email to our supplier regarding the handles. As soon as we have more information regarding the shower handle, we'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kcong05 

Thank you for your patience. I've gone and investigated the Mondella Black Resonance Shower Mixer and discovered that the unit on display used a standard grub screw to hold the handle in place. Unfortunately, the other handles we tried did not work with the Resonance set. I'm sorry, but it seems that the handle you currently have is the only one that will work with the shower mixer. 

I've placed some photos of how I took the handle out, I suspect that your version has a different technique when being taken apart. My only other suggestion is engaging the services of a plumber. They might have information or a spare handle that will work with the shower mixer.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kcong05
Finding My Feet

Hi Eric, thank you for taking the effort to follow up on this.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects