Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a hidden door for a Euro laundry using timber panels?

Veemcs
Just Starting Out

How to build a hidden door for a Euro laundry using timber panels?

Hello 

First time poster , please excuse mess. I am looking to make a hidden door / feature wall from wood panels for this tiny euro laundry / will be broom storage. It has slanted celing from 2 metres - 2.3” and approx 1300 wide. 
Looking online it looks like custom making doors from plywood would be thr best way to take advantage of storage above the machines. I have attached  few images of the kind of look. 

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a hidden door for a Euro laundry using timber panels?

Hello @Veemcs 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a hidden laundry door.

I suggest thinking about building a door frame first that can house the hinges. It does not need to be complicated, just a basic rectangular frame to serve as the base for the hinges and doors to hang onto. 

I propose having a look at the Prempanel 2700 x 600 x 21mm Oak Timber Acoustic Panel which has the appearance you are after. A regular 600mm pantry door has a typical weight of 18kg, the Prempanel has weight of 11kg which allows you to build a timber door frame around it. 

I suggest using the Kaboodle 600 door pantry hinges, these hinges have been tested to carry the weight of a standard 600 pantry door and should be able to carry the weight of your Prempanel door.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects