Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add another drain spigot?

Powdery9
Just Starting Out

How to add another drain spigot?

Hi, I moved to a newly built place recently, noticed there are couple differences vs the old place around drainage.

Checking couple posts on the site now I know instead of an open drain pipe, now people use these tiny drain spigots now.

Problem is there are 3 appliances need to be drained, air con, wash machine and dryer, and there are only two spigots on the pipe.

How to add an extra one? I also worry the dryer drain pipe may not be long enough, since it needs to pass the side by side wash machine first.

Additionally, I have a 12V Makita set from Bunnings https://www.bunnings.com.au/makita-12v-max-2-piece-combo-kit-clx224_p0110269, what kind of bit I need to drill a hole on the cabinet side panel so that pipes from wash machines and dryer can access the water outlet and drain spigots?

Thanks all.

2024-08-11 14_22_13-Photo - Google Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need One More Drain Spigot | Drill Side Panel Hole

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Powdery9. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about drain spigots.

Is there any way the air conditioner could be drained elsewhere? Is it a portable unit, as typically split systems are plumbed to the outside of the wall they are installed on? How big is the pipe on the air conditioner?

I was thinking about adding a tee irrigation fitting to the clear pipe, but I'm concerned that might create backflow issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thx for the quick reply, it's not a portable unit, but the common ducted central air con unit. I doubt I can change the design. The clear pipe in the picture connected to the higher spigot is the air con one.

Sharing the spigot with air con pipe may not be a bad idea as ducted unit are usually really high up there, no way the water can leak from the air con unit side? Dryer usually don't produce tons of water too. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I haven't heard of an aircon that drains within the house, but you learn something new every day @Powdery9.  

The aircon and the dryer sharing the same line is likely the best option then.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects