Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do l repair a chip the size of a 50 cent on the side of a enamel bathtub please?

Bev11
Just Starting Out

How do l repair a chip the size of a 50 cent on the side of a enamel bathtub please?

20240807_114334.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do l repair a chip the size of a 50cent on the side of a enamel bathtub please

Hello @Bev11 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about repairing a chip in your bathtub.

I propose sanding down the rusted section and removing as much of the rust as possible. Once you've sanded the rust off, I recommend using Bondall 250ml Ranex Rustbuster Rust Converter. After wiping the section with the converter make sure to wipe it over with a clean rag so that it dries off properly. When the surface has dried off the following day, I propose sealing it with PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste.

The epoxy paste is like playdough and must be mixed well in your hands before application. My best advice is to mix only what you need. Push hard against the damaged area and sculp to a flat smooth finish. Your goal is to have it at the same level as the bath enamel so that you don't have to do a great deal of sanding. Please note that the product dries off white and will not match your enamel finish. For touch ups I recommend using Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch Up Kit.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects