Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I stop water between a movable shower screen and wall?

JosieB13
Just Starting Out

How can I stop water between a movable shower screen and wall?

Hi everyone, 

We renovated our bathroom a year ago and installed a movable shower screen for ease of cleaning. Because of this there is a gap between the wall and the screen to allow for movement, and quite a lot of water escapes from the gap between the wall, mostly below the bottom hinge and drips down onto the floor (shower over bath configuration) I’m wondering if anybody has any ideas of how to fix this without removing the whole screen and putting a piece of plastic shower screen seal etc up the side like what runs along the bottom. I’ve already pushed the seal that runs along the bottom of the screen up hard against the wall. It’s quite a narrow area, we’ve tried angling the shower head away from that side but it doesn’t really help. Thanks in advance! 

IMG_5542.jpeg

IMG_5543.jpeg

IMG_5544.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I stop water between a movable shower screen and wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JosieB13. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a shower screen seal.

With a bit of fiddling, I would think you could install the seal without removing the panel. Cut a section for below the hinge and above, and then push it onto the back edge by approaching at an angle. I think you'll find you should be able to squeeze it on.

Remember that glass panels can shatter easily, especially if struck with hard tools. When working around glass panels ensure you; 're wearing appropriate PPE, including safety glass, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt and trousers and enclosed footwear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects