Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I remove this toilet seat?

ts23
Finding My Feet

How can I remove this toilet seat?

Hi I want to remove this broken bidet attachment but can’t work out how to get the toilet seat off. There’s some white adhered plastic discs under the covers that I can’t pry off with a flat head and I can’t get the seat off the hinge.

thanks

4D633EF6-2D6A-47E4-8944-B3F018711BA0.jpeg

9BDE20EA-1B64-4555-A4EB-F45699C8A745.jpeg

902A0155-D9D8-4127-9EAB-7325B674B56C.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I remove this toilet seat?

Hello @ts23

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing your toilet seat.

Often times with this particular set up when the stainless steel cover is removed you'll be able to see the bolt that is holding the seat down. But in this instance, you are looking at a blank plastic flathead bolt. Can you reach under the toilet and touch the butterfly nut that is holding the bolt in place? If you can, simply turn the butterfly nut anti-clockwise and that should loosen the bolt that is holding the seat and bidet onto your toilet. 

If it is too hard to turn you can either use a set of pliers or a multi-grip to turn the nut loose. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the bottom of the toilet where the bolt is located? If there are no bolts visible odds are it is inside the body of the toilet itself.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ts23
Finding My Feet

Re: How can I remove this toilet seat?

Thanks Eric !

will give it a clean up then try loosening 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects