Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix loose shower head holder?

threemcs
Just Starting Out

How to fix loose shower head holder?

My shower head holder are both drooping. With water pressure, they'll stay up, but once water stops they won't stay up.

There are two fasteners that I can see on the holders:

1000003136.jpg

1000003137.jpg

1000003138.jpg

  

1000003140.jpg

 I have tried tightening the grub screw (2nd photo), but I don't think I can go any tighter without breaking something. It doesnt seem to serve any function; I took a video of the inside of the screw housing and I can't see any movement when I rotate the holder (still image photo 4)

The other screw (within the bracket itself, 3rd photo) I can't access: an Allen key won't fit into the bracket, nor will a driver bit. Unless someone makes specialty short bit, I don't know how you're supposed to get to it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fix loose shower head holder

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @threemcs. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about shower head adjustments.

To determine whether the grubscrew in image two is used to stiffen the turning mech, you could back it out and see if the fitting loosens. If it is responsible for tightening the mech, then it would be reasonable to assume that if tightened fully and the issue persists, then there might be something broken or worn out.

If it doesn't affect the tightness of the mech, then we could assume that the grubscrew you can't access might. The only way I can think of to access that grubscrew would be with a custom bit. Personally, I'd grab one of these budget Craftright 25-Piece Hex Key Sets and cut down the appropriate size with a hacksaw so it fits inside the fitting.

If tightening both of these grubscrews doesn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend replacing the bracket, hose and head. There are some great budget-friendly replacements on offer like this Estilo Chrome 3 Function Hand Shower & Connector Set WELS 3 Star Rated 9L/min.

Here's a helpful guide: How to change a shower head.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects