Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adding a skirting board to a shower wall

Kokonut
Getting Established

Adding a skirting board to a shower wall

I have a client who has walls of their shower made up of sheets of what appears to be corrugated colorbond. The wavey pattern are much smaller or narrower than the ones you typically find on a roof.

Does anyone have ideas on what and how to add a skirting board to these?

Actually, it doesn't have to be a skirting board, but they wish to hide the bits of rust at the very bottom of the metal sheets.

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Adding a skirting board to a shower wall

Good Evening @Kokonut 

Mmm Any chance of a Photo or a few photos of the issue?

Mini Orb is what I think you may be after. 

Is it an outside shower? If its an inside shower then there prob is more issues underneath that rust they want to hide.

If it is an outside shower you could purchase some new sheets (making sure they match the existing style) and cut say 300mm strips off from the nbew sheets. Remove any flaky rust and treat with rust converter (would be better to chop off the rust if possible) Then attach the strips to the existing sheets covering up the rust/chopped off section. Use silastic to waterproof between the sheets before pushing them together. 

Im not overly keen on this suggestion as I am presuming it is an outside area shower and also the state of the rust levels. But ist a starting point at least :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects