Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

1980s bathroom and laundry renovation

hollyjenaway
Finding My Feet

1980s bathroom and laundry renovation

The project was to renovate a 1980s laundry / toilet into a bathroom / laundry to transform our 4x1 house into a 4x2.

Underneath the cupboard doors were all sorts of creepy crawlies and the toilet was used only in desperate situations. The new bathroom / laundry has a fully functional shower, ample storage, washer and dryer and a large trough. It’s a luxurious space that we appreciate and very much enjoy using. Well done Scotty!

Materials

V-Lux skylight

Tiles

Caroma trough and toilet

Laminex cabinetry 

Ceaserstone

Gyprock

Tools

Jack hammer

Drill

Grinder

paint brush

hammer

Steps

Step 1

87FA5D50-7634-481C-BA02-6A8518F9AFD8.jpeg

Demolition 

timber frame

plumbing 

electrical 

lining 

waterproof

tiling

cabinets

paint

final fit off

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bathroom / laundry renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hollyjenaway. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a stunning result you've achieved there! I trust you are thrilled with your new luxurious bathroom. I love the finishes you've chosen, especially the feature wall tiles.

Wonderful work, and thanks again for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Re: 1980s bathroom and laundry renovation

Hello @hollyjenaway 🖐

Spectacular result (and very space efficient layout) the before photo really tells the tale, I am curious was much involved in altering the orientation of the toilet? 🤔

Re: 1980s bathroom and laundry renovation

Hi DIYGnome

Thank you for the feedback we are thrilled with how it turned out. I was unaware of the work involved however I just checked with my husband and he says yes it was a lot of work to move the toilet! It required cutting into the slab and changing the pipe work outside of the house.

Thanks again for commenting!

cheers

holly

Re: bathroom / laundry renovation

Hey Mitchell 

Many thanks for the feedback and kind words! It certainly was a big project but one we are now enjoying very much.

cheers

holly

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects