Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix window mouldings?

vchee
Just Starting Out

How to fix window mouldings?

My house blinds are installed on my window mouldings, and today, one of the blinds fell off. I discovered that this was due to a broken moulding, which I believe is made of MDF instead of wood. I need some advice on the following:

1. What would be the best way to have this fix? Can I glue it back?

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

2. I realised all the other window moulding in my room and living room is showing sign of breaking too. If I would replace it, what would be the best method ?

Thank you all for your help and advice.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix window mouldings?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vchee. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about re-mounting blinds.

How long were the screws? I suspect they weren't very long and had only partially screwed into the moulding. I'd recommend gluing that section back into place with PVA glue and, when dry, screwing the bracket back on with larger screws. Something like these 50mm timber screws should be sufficient. You can then go around and replace the screws in the other brackets.

By screwing through the moulding and into the plasterboard behind and hopefully timber, the brackets should be much more secure.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix window mouldings?

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you very much for the advice. Yes you are right, the screws are the smaller ones. Let me go ahead and try out your recommendation. Thanks again.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects