Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

build a lockable wheel base for screen

casilda
Just Starting Out

build a lockable wheel base for screen

IMG_6919.jpeg

Hello,

I have zero experience diy-ing anything meaningful, but I'd like to make this mobile - to act as a screen/gate to the side access to our home. Would anyone have advice? Essentially I want a mobile privacy screen that my kids can easily move, too.

Even better would be if there is an out of the box product that is mobile already at Bunnings!

Thanks in advance

IMG_6918.jpeg

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: build a lockable wheel base for screen

Good Evening @casilda 

I dont know of anything out of the box like this but there are several ways you could "add" to something existing.

So three parts I can think of will take you a fair way to being able to put this together.

Part one

Kaboodle 800mm White Base Cabinet 

Part two

SpecRite 1800 x 902mm Merbau Pre-Oiled Barossa Fence Panel (You will need to trim off around 12cm of this to match the cabinets width or could leave 6cm extra either side for screening.

Part Three

Move It 75mm PVC Castor - 4 Pack 

Opps Part Four :smile:

Specrite 1200 x 600 x 18mm Golden Teak Acacia Multi Use Panel (will need to be trimmed down to 800mm to match cabinet) Can be screwed into from the timber strip across the top of the cabinet and some right angle brackets for the back of the cabinet.

Some matching paint and you will be done. You will need some screws to screw through the merabau privacy screen into the rear of the cabinet (not sure of the length is all as it says 60mm but think the horizonatl strips may be what id be fastening to the cabinet.

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: build a lockable wheel base for screen

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @casilda. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about making a storage box mobile.

It's great to see that @Dave-1 has already offered some helpful advice. I also can't think of anything out of the box that would suit your needs. We do have the Mimosa 120 x 45 x 45cm Timber Outdoor Storage Box, but similarly, it is not movable.

We offer a range of castors that could be attached to your storage box, allowing it to be moved. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects